Rishikesh is renowned as the spiritual centre and Yoga capital of the World, attracting millions from all corners of the globe every year to further their yoga knowledge and spiritual growth. Set in the Himalayan foothills within the northern state of Uttarakhand, alongside the majestic Ganges River, there’s no other destination like it in the World and that is the reason why Rishikesh remains the number one location for all serious spiritual seekers and Yoga Teacher Training students. The beautiful scenery, vibrant but serene atmosphere, colours, smells and thousand plus years of Yoga and spiritual tradition is difficult to replicate elsewhere and is the perfect setting for self-transformation.
Places of Interest
- Laxman Jhula and Ram Jhula: The swinging Rishikesh
- The Beatles Ashram: For the love of Beatles
- Neelkanth Mahadev Temple: A Sacred Abode of Lord Shiva
- Triveni Ghat: For framing the Aarti
- Neer Garh Waterfall: A perfect trekking gateway
- Kaudiyala: For a rafting spree
- Jumpin Heights: Bungee Jumping
- Rishi Kund: Hot water springs for sages
- Kunjapuri Temple: For a mesmerizing sunset!
How to Arrive
- By air: Jolly Grant airport at Dehradun is the nearest airport to Rishikesh which is approximately 35 kilometres away. Popular carriers like Air India, Spice Jet and Jet Airways often have daily flights from New Delhi.
- By train: The nearest railhead to Rishikesh is in Haridwar which is approximately 25 kilometres away. Haridwar, in turn, is linked to major Indian cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Lucknow and Varanasi. Some of the popular trains are Shatabadi Express, Jan Shatabdi, AC Special Express and Mussoorie Express. For those making the journey to Rishikesh, it is advisable to take the train till Haridwar and then either take a bus or hire a taxi to Rishikesh. While the bus would take about 45 minutes, the taxi will take you to Rishikesh in about half an hour.
- By bus: Being a popular tourist destination, Rishikesh has a good network of buses connecting it with important places such as Haridwar, Dehradun and New Delhi. Buses depart in the morning and late evening from the Kashmiri Gate ISBT, New Delhi for Rishikesh every day. You can choose from a regular, deluxe or a luxurious coach.